PLEASE NOTE THE IN PERSON RALLY IS CANCELLED DUE TO AIR QUALITY!
Please join us for a virtual press conference!
It pains me to say that we are moving tomorrow morning's rally to a digital press conference. It was a tough call, but we wanted to ensure all the bill sponsors could participate. Here is the information and I hope you can join:
Zero Waste Act Digital Press Conference
Thursday June 8th - 10am
We are going to postpone the celebration for another date, to be announced.
Thank you all for your enthusiasm and excitement. I was so very much looking forward to being with all of you and celebrating this victory you all made happen. This situation only reaffirms just how important our work is now more than ever.
- This bill would create a citywide curbside organics program for residential buildings. The bill would require that the Department of Sanitation develop outreach and education materials, and post such materials on its website, to inform residents about the program and instruct residents on how to properly source separate organic waste.
- This bill would require the Department of Sanitation to report on the City’s progress toward sending zero waste to landfill by 2030.
- This bill tasks the Administration with meeting a citywide waste diversion goal by 2030.
- This bill would mandate that DSNY establish and operate at least one community recycling center in each community district.
- This bill would mandate DSNY establish and operate at least three organics drop off sites in each community district.
New York, NY
Google map and directions